Picture of Salve Regine Galera Marilao
Fine Arts grad studying Agriculture building connections! :D
by Salve Regine Galera Marilao - Friday, 15 May 2020, 12:02 PM

Magandang araw po!

My name is Salve Regine Galera Marilao, and have been working in the Creative Industry for more than a decade, and recently I decided to take some time off from the creative corporate world and build something in my homecountry, the Philippines! My last job was a Head Concept Designer in Thailand, for a Home Textile Interior company. So yes, OFW po ako.

Back in highschool, I have always been dreaming to have my own farm, I was day dreaming of naming it "Salve's Lettuce Farm" or "Salve's Pechay", just because I love leafy vegetables...also Cruciferous! *yup I learned that here! :))*

And it came to me, Food Production, Livestock, Farming will never be out of style.
It made me value more the importance of it because of this current pandemic we are all experiencing - the world is experiencing! sad

Thinking about it, all us professionals in our own fields wont survive without the farmers.
I always think "palamunin lang kami lahat ng mga magsasaka".

So I as I become an adult, I would usually go to restaurants and order Caesar Salad, and I wonder..."bakit angmahal?"...Whenever I'd eat at Chicken Inasal, and they have this "Unlimited Rice" and Chicken is affordable, I always wonder..."bakit angmura? May sarili siguro silang rice and chicken farm". I have a few friends in other countries and they'd always tell me that "rice is expensive here!". Sometimes I'd see social media posts from foreign countries and how much of a waste of potato harvest they have....then on another tab I am reading an article about food shortage in Yemen - why can't it be transported?

The reasons why I signed up to study Agriculture is

1. I see our country as an Agriculturally rich country, and we can be a diamond to the world if only we know how to grow, value, and propagate the industry worldwide - and I want to be part of that advocacy. Studying courses that I personally want to learn so I can grow my tiny greenhouse farm if I get lucky! :)

2. I just bought lands, not a huge one since this is my first investment. I wanted to make it grow as a farm if not my own, maybe make it available to a group with a goal to help our Agriculture Industry.

3. I know I am new to this and I barely know a thing, but are there anyone from this group who would want to start to be a part modernizing the Agriculture Industry? I swear there is so much potential. If there is a group, I want to be a part of it! Creativity and Marketing is in my blood, and I have connections with digital marketing too, let me know - LET ME HELP!

Okay I've been typing too much.
Lastly may I just say thank you for giving us this free learning, it's definitely a start.
I am proud to be in here! <3
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)