Picture of Joeven C. Calasagsag
Rubber production possible in Luzon
by Joeven C. Calasagsag - Wednesday, 7 September 2011, 05:55 PM

mb.comph; September 7, 2011, 3:13pm

MANILA, Philippines -- Rubber has been grown commercially in the Philippines for many years but this was only in Mindanao. Rubber is particularly profitable to grow at this time because the price in the world market (and in the Philippines) is really high.

But can farmers in Luzon grow this plantation crop? It can also be a profitable crop to grow in Luzon, according to Dr. Eugenio Alcala, a rubber planter himself and former head of Plantation Crops Department of the University of Southern Mindanao in Kabacan, North Cotabato.

At the recent Agri-Kapihan, he revealed that there are actually a few farmers in Luzon who are making some money from rubber. In fact, together with Pol Rubia and Jerry Manaog of AANI, they visited the rubber farmers in Sta. Maria and Sta. Cruz, Laguna.

He reported that in Sta. Maria, there are five growers who are already making good money from their rubber trees. One of them has 4,000 trees grown from seedlings (not grafted) that are already 15 years old. The fellow is very happy because he does not have any problem selling his harvest.

Dr. Alcala learned that the buyers from the processing plant in Sta. Cruz go to pick up the cup lumps from the farmers. They pay P70 per kilo. They are already happy about the price although it is lower than the P95 per kilo obtaining in Mindanao.

Including plantings in other towns of Laguna, there are already 200 hectares planted to rubber in Luzon. It was really a surprise for Dr. Alcala to discover the rubber farmers in Laguna. He could not imagine that there are planters in Luzon because many people, including people from the Department of Agriculture, thought that rubber is not suited in Luzon due to the strong typhoons that occur annually in the island.

Dr. Alcala said that farmers should not be afraid of the typhoons. If there are trees that are felled by typhoons, there are more that survive. In fact two provinces in China – Hainan and Yunan – are also frequently visited by typhoons but they have wide areas planted to rubber. Between the two of them, they have 1.028 million hectares planted to rubber trees.

That’s much larger than the total area of 145,000 hectares planted to rubber in the Philippines, according to Dr. Alcala.

Is it viable to plant even just one hectare? Alcala said that a hectare of rubber trees that are more than 10 years old can yield P30,000 to P35,000 worth of cup lumps per month.(By ZAC B. SARIAN)

Source: Rubber production possible in Luzon
Picture of elmor sudara
Re: Rubber production possible in Luzon
by elmor sudara - Wednesday, 21 September 2011, 01:10 PM

I am from Palawan, where can we buy rubber plants for 15 hectares? how much each plant? thank you very much. elmor....
Marj
by Marjorie M. Arriola - Thursday, 29 September 2011, 11:13 AM

Hi Elmor!

Rubber plants are popularly found in Mindanao. In your case, we'll be consulting our experts within Palawan to help us identify the nearest area where you can buy rubber seedlings. We'll keep in touch with you as soon as we have the information.

Meanwhile, here's a link in rubber production:

http://davao.da.gov.ph/webfiles/research/rubberprodn.pdf

We hope this can help. Thank you.
Picture of Hamera Gabinete
by Hamera Gabinete - Friday, 6 January 2012, 09:16 AM

Hi Marj!

My father-in-law owned 3-ha rubber in Aborlan, Palawan and about to harvest this year. Our problem is that we are not yet trained on proper tapping of rubber and processing of its latex. Please help us on where we can avail the training on rubber tapping and processing in Palawan. Thank you and god bless.

Ms. Hamera

Picture of elmor sudara
by elmor sudara - Saturday, 28 January 2012, 02:59 PM

January 28, 2012  !:15 am

Dear Ms. Hamera,

My name is Elmor Sudara residing in PPC. I have five hectares of land to be planted with rubber trees at Malinao, Narra. I know that Aborlan is my neighbor. It is good to know that your rubber trees are ready to be tapped. What clone do you have? I sent my brother to Engr. Sampayan a road from Abo-abo going up to Quezon. Ask around from that place they will point you to the biggest and oldest rubber plantation in Palawan ( I think ). He will help you about tapping, latex and processing.  

CHECK THE LINK BELOW.

That was 3 MONTHS AGO, when my brother visited Engr. Sampayan's rubber tree plantation. 
    I would like to visit your place to see your rubber trees. Please... 

There is one plantation at Macarascas too.
   They are selling rubber plant materials, I've heard. 

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.241736569217472.58940.100001433932418&type=3

I hope that the link will help you as well as Engr. Sampayan. If you need help  anything about rubber, just ask
I will research for you...

Happy to be your rubber tree neighbor,

Elmor

Picture of chito corpuz
by chito corpuz - Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 03:03 PM

hello elmor,

how many rubber trees can be planted in 1 hectar?

Picture of Ariel Suscano
by Ariel Suscano - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 09:42 AM

Hi everyone,

Is there anybody knows where I can sell  Rubber Seedlings in a best price? My parents in Mindanao has a nursery of rubber seedlings which is budded with another variety. I want to help them through selling there products in a fair way. We have also neighboring barangay there that also have a rubber seedling nursery. So if ever, we can produce volumes of seedling if the buyer requires.

Thank You,

Hoping for a immediate response.
Picture of Alietra Perater
by Alietra Perater - Wednesday, 19 November 2014, 04:05 PM

ello.. i have rubber seedlings for sale.. if u are interested.. u can contact me at this #.. 0915448284h8
Picture of Alietra Perater
by Alietra Perater - Thursday, 20 November 2014, 03:53 PM

hello.. i have rubber seedlings for sale.. if u r interested.. u can contact me at this #.. 09154482848
Picture of marco antonio arbole
by marco antonio arbole - Saturday, 24 September 2011, 04:42 PM

good day.

how much is the rubber seedling? what variety is the best to plant?
Marj
by Marjorie M. Arriola - Friday, 14 October 2011, 11:32 AM

Hi everyone!

Here is another information about Rubber Production. Just click on the link below:

http://www.bar.gov.ph/agfishtech/crops/rubber.asp

I hope this information can help. Have a great day e-Learning!
Picture of don bal
by don bal - Wednesday, 12 October 2011, 06:24 PM

Hi! If it is possible in Luzon,  Is it advisable to plant rubber trees in Sorsogon province Region V? Thank you!
Picture of elmor sudara
by elmor sudara - Friday, 21 October 2011, 10:24 PM

I've asked this question a little bit longer but i didn,t receive response yet.
is there anybody out there interested to go Thailand this december for a three day tour. 
Kate the plantaion manager is inviting anyone interested. she will show different age of rubber, tapping method
( last month of tapping this year to rest for some months according to her) contact me if you
like to come. elmor.sudara@yahoo.com you will also see how to make rubber sheets and smoking the sheets to be
ready for sale.

regards to everyone.
Picture of elmor sudara
by elmor sudara - Friday, 21 October 2011, 10:43 PM

Hello Marj,

Thank you for your response. How do you know about rubber. Are you a farmer? Do you like to farm rubber?
Do you have rubber farm already? Please enlighten me. Nice to see people interested in rubber like marco and don.
I have a previous post to this about Thailand. If you like drop me a line. We will go together. From where are all of you. I have a friend who is going with me from DENR. 
      Regards to all of you, nice talking too.

elmor
Picture of elmor sudara
by elmor sudara - Sunday, 23 October 2011, 11:40 AM

Hello everybody,

Where are all of you rubber enthusiast? Let us help each other. Let's make rubber connect us.
Check this out. Rubberpension.com . She is the one inviting me to visit her plantation in Thailand
She will show anybody everything about rubber.
     Well it is up to you. There are people in PCAARRD interested about rubber. One from Mindanao offerring
me budded saplings 35 pesos/plant RRIM 600 variety. Is this variety good? 
     Have a nice weekend every all.

elmor
Picture of Pem Salvan
by Pem Salvan - Sunday, 11 November 2012, 10:23 PM

Hello Sir Elmor, as far as I know from Mindanao, 35 pesos is a fair price for a 600 variety budded.  The kind that you can profit from 5 years after transplantation.  I wish to share this story from an article in a news agency, I don't know if you heard about this but it's from Palawan.  Here's the link:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/01/07/11/seaman%E2%80%99s-wife-stretches-income-rubber-plant-investment

copy paste to the web address bar of your internet browser.  May this inspire you the more. 
Picture of elmor sudara
by elmor sudara - Tuesday, 25 October 2011, 03:46 PM

hello guys,

Check this out.....Rubberpension.com   .

Bye......
Picture of Pem Salvan
by Pem Salvan - Sunday, 11 November 2012, 10:10 PM

Hello Sir Elmor, are you from Luzon?  I'm from Mindanao but I happen to notice in Mabitac Laguna some few hectares of rubber plantation up on a large hill.  Typhoons come, the strongest I experienced, but I don't see the trees taking considerable damage.  I think typhoons can make the trees more resilient, well that's just my estimation and I agree that Rubber plantations can be propagated in Luzon.  I'm interested in learning how to do this and be successful in this venture, well, for our family its not just a business venture but a principle of stewardship.  I like the idea of going to Thailand and evaluate measures of propagating rubber plantations and managing latex production but I am constrained by circumstances so perhaps if you can share with us vital information for evaluation and study perhaps we in return can share to the best we can as you said that we should "connect"...

God bless your endeavors!
Picture of kiko sy
by kiko sy - Wednesday, 17 April 2013, 04:46 PM

gud day! i'm from quezon povince. where can we sell rubber tree latex?
Picture of joe ang
by joe ang - Thursday, 29 January 2015, 05:01 PM

Very good question sir. Where and who will buy the harvest from rubber trees? This is to be answered first before someone will plant because even I will harvest tons and tons of products if I don't know where to sell my products, it's good as nothing.

I'm also very interested to plant if there are raw rubber buyers in Luzon.

For those who know the marketing of rubber, please let us know where to sell or who to contact about rubber tree products. Thanks.
Picture of bito autor
Re: agency to assist about damaged rubber trees
by bito autor - Thursday, 14 May 2015, 10:44 AM

I just want to know who can help us regarding our rubber trees which are burnt by our neighbor. And how much is the cost of a rubber tree that is 2 1/2 years old. Thank you
Picture of Rengie Toledo
by Rengie Toledo - Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 04:29 PM

Hi I am Rengie toledo, I'm from zamboanga Del sur, I would like to ask if there are rubber tree LATEX being selled in our city? I will be using this latex for our research study. some latex can be found in zamboanga sibugay and Del norte but it is too far away from us. Or are you selling rubber tree LATEX?
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)