Picture of Roland Aljibe
Re: 2012 Starts with a New Course Category for e-Learning
by Roland Aljibe - Friday, 8 June 2012, 02:41 PM

Re: 2012 Starts with a New Course Category for e-Learning

June 8, 2012

Pam Mappala
Tutor, E-Learning Course

Madam:

I am very thankful that I was able to enroll in this e-learning as I call it distance education. Thanks to brod jojo, the DA palay check coordinator of Capoocan, Leyte who told me about this e-learning course.
At first I am hesitant to enroll because this is not my field. I am a School Head of a Secondary High School in Capoocan particularly Pinamopoan National High School. My interest in the field of agriculture was only by chance because I rented a 2 hectare common land that are owned by my wife and her brothers. The cultivation of this land started last September 2010. As a neophyte farmer, I always ask the guidance of a DA personnel and my care taker who was a graduate of palay check seminar. I relied on them much of the time for the nature of my work. I visit my farm thrice 3 a week at 6 in the morning. The problem that is always prevalent in my farm is the pest infestation. So I have to do something to eradicate this pest by using a chemical spray. But thanks to this e-learning course that enlightened me regarding the alternative pest management. I hope and pray that through this modality of learning I will learn more regarding rice plantation and management in order for me to have a high value and higher produce harvest.
Mabuhay ang ATI- DA E-learning and all the people who made this e-learning possible. I hope that in the future all farmers will become computer literate for them to enroll this course.

Very truly yours,

ROLAND a. aLJIBE
Farmer-Educator
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)