office
Now Online: e-Learning Course on Piña Fiber Processing
by Yovina-Claire Pauig - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 02:35 PM

Pineapple1Want to earn an extra income of as much as P4,650 per month? Be a part of the growing pineapple fiber industry!

The e-Learning course Treasure in Threads: Piña Fiber Processing is your gateway to the industry.    Pineapple1 is a guide on the ins and outs of the pineapple fiber production.  It’s comprised of modules on Piña Fiber and its Market Potential; Fiber Processing; and Economics of Piña Fiber Processing.  It specifically tackles the different types of piña fiber and their markets; appropriate pineapple varieties for fiber production; appropriate techniques in harvesting pineapple leaves for fiber extraction; step by step process in hand scraping piña fiber; and calculate ROI in piña fiber processing, among others.

Start hand scraping fiber, enrol now in Pineapple1!

This online course is brought to us by ATI RTC-VI.
Re: Now Online: e-Learning Course on Piña Fiber Processing
by Verne Ed Calledo - Thursday, 22 August 2013, 04:22 PM

Based on the introduction of Piña Fiber Processing, Mindanao doesn't have a list of Fiber Processing location. I supposed there is a huge Pineapple plantation in Bukidnon owned by Del Monte and many small farms owned by local farmers. Might be a good opportunity for people in Bukidnon and CDO... just my 2 cents!
Picture of Jinah Obordo
by Jinah Obordo - Tuesday, 27 August 2013, 05:26 PM

Thank you for the more than 2 cents ! The variety of pineapple that is used for fiber processing in Aklan is Spanish Red, considered to produce prime quality threads. In Camarines, they use the Queen pineapple but the fiber produced is of lower quality. If farmers in Bukidnon and CDO are planting these varieties then this is a great opportunity for them.  
by Verne Ed Calledo - Wednesday, 28 August 2013, 05:15 PM

Thanks Jinah for the info. That surely awakened my interest on Piña Fiber processing. Though i'm 6-hr drive away from CDO, i will check with my friends what variety are planted in their areas. Also, I supposed Del Monte's interest is on the fruit than on the leaves (fiber).

I wonder why FIDA does not have a comprehensive presentation on Piña Fiber Processing on their website.

Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)