me
Opinion on an issue between poverty and food insecurity
by amiel aberilla - Monday, 21 August 2017, 10:31 AM

What is my opinion of the following statement?

• "If there is poverty in the City there co-exists food insecurity"--agree, disagree, do you need more information about the issue, why?

I would agree because poverty relates to the deprivation of something. The absence of foods for human consumption there exist food insecurity.
Picture of jerry fernandez
Re: Opinion on an issue between poverty and food insecurity
by jerry fernandez - Thursday, 18 January 2018, 07:21 PM

Poverty is a product of disproportionate distribution of wealth. Lack of wealth is poverty.
Food insecurity is the uncertainty of producing or acquiring adequate food.

I think they don't necessarily co-exist. A poor man will always have food insecurity but it does not mean that if there are poor men, then there is also food insecurity in the society as a whole.
Picture of Dianne Earl Pepitolocked
by Dianne Earl Pepitolocked - Saturday, 5 December 2020, 07:53 PM

I would agree because I believe that poverty and food security are interlinked. Without an income or resources to grow food people are likely to become ill and to be unable to work to produce food or earn an income.

Picture of Michael Steeven L Lim
by Michael Steeven L Lim - Thursday, 20 May 2021, 03:33 PM

i would disagree because Food security is available where all people, at all times, have access to the physical and economic access to adequate, safe and nutritious
Picture of Christelle Jann Segundo
by Christelle Jann Segundo - Thursday, 4 November 2021, 07:26 PM

I agree since poverty is a state of being deprived of something. Food insecurity exists when there aren't enough foods for humans to eat.
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)