Picture of Catheryn Villorente
#TECHNOTIPS: Garlic
by Catheryn Villorente - Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 11:49 AM

GARLICGarlic has always been a staple whenever we cook our favorite dishes, but do you know its health benefits?

Garlic has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties. The antiviral properties may be helpful in reducing the severity of colds, flu, or other infections.

Garlic bulbs are rich in antioxidants which can fight free radicals that contribute in Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, cancer, and other conditions.

In addition, it boosts the portion of the immune system that is tasked with fighting viruses and cancer.

Like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@atiinteractive) for more tips on farming, food, and nutrition.

(By: Jayvee Masilang, ATI-ISD)
Picture of samuel monoy
Re: #TECHNOTIPS: Garlic
by samuel monoy - Sunday, 28 June 2020, 08:42 PM

good evening , i am samuel monoy a newcomer in this e-learning class , i am interested on the garlic production , but i doubt if this crop could be cultured here in our place , agusan del norte , because i did not heared that this very valuable crop was already produced here on this particular area.Hope you could give me an opinion on this matter .thanks .

Picture of Catheryn Villorente
by Catheryn Villorente - Monday, 29 June 2020, 10:17 AM

Hi Samuel!Upon checking on the Farmer's Guide Map, we could not find the suitability of garlic in your area. For the soil requirement, garlic can be grown in different types of soil. However, sandy, silt and clay loam are recommended for commercial production.

Also, garlic grows favorably in areas with Type I climate, which is characterized by a wet season that usually occurs from May to October and a dry season from November to April. Lastly, garlic does not grow well in areas with excessive rainfall. We have sent you the production guide on garlic to help you decide on this. Thank you!
Picture of samuel monoy
by samuel monoy - Thursday, 6 August 2020, 12:46 PM

good afternoon ms Villorente thanks for that very enlightening advice on the matters of garlic production .
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)