Picture of Ike Songahid
Importation of Cattle Semen
by Ike Songahid - Monday, 26 July 2010, 03:05 AM

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone has a knowledge or heard of Importation of Cattle Semen through any government agency or any government program that has something to do with cattle semen importation? I believe this is very much affordable by our farmers who want to upgrade their herd, rather than importing the bull itsefl which is very expensive. Actually I am looking to acquire an imported Brahman Bull, kindly refer me to the right government agency that has a program in cattle importation. Thank you.

Marj
Re: Importation of Cattle Semen
by Marjorie M. Arriola - Wednesday, 28 July 2010, 12:21 PM

Hi!

According to the Bureau of Animal Industry(BAI), they are introducing the artificial insemination (Al) process to the farmers which involves the use of livestock semen since 2001 along with other livestock government agencies.

In importing cattle semen, you will have to secure an importation permit from BAI-National Veterinary Quarantine Services at telephone no.(02)920-0816.You may look for Dr. Silvano.

We hope this information can help.Thank you.

Picture of jojo ocampo
by jojo ocampo - Tuesday, 3 August 2010, 12:20 PM

Sorry... I'm just curious, but why does Cattle Semen have to be imported..?
I'm not really into this kind of stuff so I don't know but am curious to learn why...
Marj
by Marjorie M. Arriola - Tuesday, 3 August 2010, 04:58 PM

Hi Jojo!

Cattle semen may or may not be imported, depending on the interest of the farmer particularly breeders.Commonly most breeders who are into Artificial Insemination(AI) import cattle semen to improve the breed of their cattle which is less costly than buying a bull.

Click on the link below to understand more about artificial insemination.

Artificial Insemination for Cattle

I hope this info can help.
Picture of rogelio anino
by rogelio anino - Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 06:23 PM

Mam Marj,here Caraga Region (Agusan Del Norte/Sur,Surigao del sur/norte),is there a Dairy Farm program for Cow and Carabao like in Misamis province and Bukidnon area. Where can we avail this program for the farmers like me here in Caraga Region-13.

Thank you po.
Roger Anino
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)