Picture of Melanie Sacay
Aquaponics
by Melanie Sacay - Wednesday, 18 April 2012, 05:31 PM

I believe Aquaponics would also be a very good addition in the online course. 
Picture of Anne Leu
Re: Aquaponics
by Anne Leu - Monday, 15 September 2014, 01:21 PM

same here. I am interested in this topic.
Picture of James Patrick San Juan
by James Patrick San Juan - Monday, 18 May 2015, 06:55 PM

interesado din ako sa aquaponics. 
Picture of Emmanuel Arciaga
by Emmanuel Arciaga - Tuesday, 9 June 2015, 08:13 PM

Interested in Aquaponics too.
Picture of Joeven C. Calasagsag
by Joeven C. Calasagsag - Monday, 8 June 2015, 03:39 PM

Hi All, 

Thank you for your interests. We will note your suggestions/request. :)
Eat Pinoy Pork
by John Michael Formales - Saturday, 24 October 2015, 12:31 AM

I think having an online aquaponics course would really be nice. Pwede itong i-integrate as part of urban farming. It occupies less space but you can produce much. But of course with the right technology & also, wala pa masyadong na-publish na reference materials about it that's why quite a few people knows about it. 

We are looking forward to have this wonderful course from ATI.  
Picture of Marianne Coronel
by Marianne Coronel - Saturday, 16 May 2020, 05:23 PM

Any updates regarding this thread?? Aquaponics or Hydroponics? Interested of the basic fundamentals on how to grow crops using hydroponic system , Aquaponics thanks!
Picture of Rodney Promentilla
by Rodney Promentilla - Tuesday, 19 May 2020, 07:52 AM

Looks like there are no plans yet for this course given that thread of this request is quite old ... If your really interested to learn Aquaponics I recommend that you search the internet and download the PDF file of FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization) that has the title "Small-Scale Aquaponic Food Production". It will give you a good understanding of how an aquaphonic system works. This document basically shows you how to setup the system in your home using IBC (intermediate bulk container) as the material for raising tilapia and growing vegetables. I have seen some products in the market that basically copied this design and sold it in the market. And this document has been cited (globally) in a number of articles relating to Hydroponics and Aquaculture. The FAO document is quite big (288 pages) and you may have to read it a number of times to understand it but I guarantee you that it is worth it because in the end you will have an excellent knowledge of how Aquaponics works. And with a lot of imagination smile you will be able to come up with your own design of an aquaphonic system that will suit your budget. Why? Because, personally I don't think that the use of IBC here in PH will not fly because of the cost involve. Rodney
Picture of Ma Bella Crave Landicho
by Ma Bella Crave Landicho - Saturday, 12 January 2019, 03:50 PM

Agree! Very helpful for an OFW like me here in Middle East where the soil is expensive and backyard gardening is difficult.
not alone
by Emerson Deñado - Wednesday, 8 May 2019, 10:33 AM

Thank you for suggestion. Keep posted for updates.
Online: 0 Messages: 0
You are not logged in. (Login)